Thursday 4 September 2008

Iran

I know as an Iranian and especially as an Iranian woman it's not that odd to hear specific comments or questions from non-Iranians who watch TV, they look at you while reviewing the lessons that they've learned from the news and I can see their curious eyes waiting for the right time to raise those questions.
Those who have watched "Persepolis" think that they know Iran and those who have had Iranian friends feel that they know me.
I have to tell some if I am Persian or Iranian and what is the difference... I can understand why they have this question in the first place.
I like them, I like it when they have questions.
I talk, I describe and I try to be fair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And it is awful when they do not know where this odd country is exactly located!