Wednesday 2 April 2008

Discrimination

I just saw this video. And I think the whole concept is about judgment and toleration, no matter if some people live in a religious Islamic city like Qom as absolute Muslims or in the heart of the USA. In both what drives their reactions is what they receive as definition of standards. And through this foggy picture of the world presenting in the world I take my hat off for those who have respect for any belief as long as it doesn't threaten any one's life, those who can see that clear picture.

4 comments:

jeerjeerak said...

i watched the video a couple of days back. It made me think of this scenario: how about they shoot exactly same thing in a shop in Iran but instead of a veiled woman, they put an Afghan man...

Behdokht said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Behdokht said...

Jeerjeerake aziz, I think they can shoot more than one scenario in Iran. I'm sure you can remember those signs in many shops saying: "ladies with bad-hijab are not welcome" and even at the entrance of some universities they didn't let students to enter unless they would fix their scarves, the story repeats itself every where with different formats but what makes it worse in Iran is that this discrimination has been actually presented,thought and practiced by governmental rules!

Nava said...

That's exactly why these discriminations are not seen as bad as they really are, but natural things, advised by "those-who-understand-better"! I remember when I was in a grocery store in Tehran and the owner was proudly telling the story to another customer about how he had not sold anything to a man after he had found out that the poor customer was from a minority religious group...I was not confident enough back then to return the stuff I had already paid for and leave, and this always sits in my mind, beside all "why-I-didn't-do-it"s!