Thursday 18 June 2009

Memory

I remember some years ago it was the anniversary of that terrible crackdown of Tehran university's students. Like the previous years we held a gathering in memory of the students who were killed inside the university. As always there were riot police lined up outside in the streets watching carefully every thing around. People were walking or standing curiously outside the university. I came out of the university and started to look around walking close to the riot police back and forth. After a while, one of the police officers told me not in a very polite way more like a threat that: " I've been watching you, if you walk through here one more time don't be surprised if something bad happens to you". I looked at him with a look of a very surprised person and told him: "Sir, you need to examine your eyes, you may need to wear glasses, I just arrived here!" and I kept going away. That was the end of my wandering on that day. This recent happening in Iran made me remember and think of some of my old memories. I wonder if I were in the streets of Tehran these days, would I have a chance to give some medical advice before getting beaten up by the police or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH...
Memories are coming to me too these days...
Those days which were a little bit different from other days among boring days...

Yadeshoon be kheir!